Saturday, January 1, 2011

Who Are You Becoming in 2011?

Its the begging of a New Year and for many of us it feels like a new begging.  We can take all the good from 2010 and leave behind all the in between.  We get a clean slate.  Its time to set new goals, make positive changes in our lives and get excited about what the New Year will bring.  Its a new hope for many, and a continuation of joy for others.
Although this is good, I have been thinking allot about what all of this means or doesn't mean in the reality of what matters.  I found myself in the same routine as years past, setting my personal 2011 goals and 2011 goals for Redeeming Africa's Hope, when all of the sudden I stopped...
How many times have you actually sat down at the end of a year and asked God the goals He want's you to set for the next year?  Or even better how many times have you actually sat in silence at the begging of your day and asked God what He wants you to accomplish that day? Or lets take it even further... Is it about what we accomplish or who we are becoming?
The challenge I am giving to myself and to you is simply this... Take some time to quiet yourself and ask God where He wants to take you this year.  Don't shove aside 2010 and miss the growth you were intended to have and just leap into 2011 the same person.  I pray that you realize your mission on this earth is not necessarily what your hands are doing, but what your heart and soul are shaping into.

No comments:

Post a Comment