Sunday, May 15, 2011

My biggest fear...

Matthew 7:21-23  21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’  

This scripture has continually been in my heart for years, however the reality of this passage has settled into my soul since the beginning of Redeeming Africa's Hope. I am truly understanding the depth of what this scripture means. To be honest its hard to find the balance between projects, meetings, volunteers, interns, up-dating supporters, leading mission teams, all the legal paperwork, and making time to spend with the creator of it all.  This doesn't just apply to people running non-profits or other ministries, but to all of us! The stay at home mom can be just as busy!  
Matthew was showing us that out relationship with Christ is not in what we are doing, but in the intimate times we spend with Him.  Believe me I can fill my whole day up "doing things" for Christ and "furthering" His kingdom, but if I am not intimate with my savior and creator it is all in vain.  
My challenge to you and myself today is to search ourselves and be honest. Are you investing into your relationship through intimate communication or deeds?  Your Father longs to meet with you... do you long to meet with Him, or are you satisfied with what you are "doing for Him"?  

In Revelation 2:2-7 John writes to the Church in Ephesus
  2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
   4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
   7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

It is my prayer that we hear and go back to our first love...JESUS!   Our soul longs to be fed through an intimate relationship with Him. You will never honestly be satisfied through anything else.  Don't allow the enemy to deceive you into believing that your "works" for Christ are your "relationship" with your Him.  Spend time with Him daily, if it means getting up before the sun or the kids, then do it! I believe you can, and I believe your soul needs it! 

Love you all, Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment